What to keep jewelry away from...
- - Costmetic products (Hairspray, Lotions, perfumes)
- - Chlorine Pools/Hot Tubs
- - Cleaning Supplies
Take Jewelry of during physical labor such as gardening, house keeping or exercise.
Most colored gems can be cleaned with warm water, mild soap (no detergents), and a soft brush. Only use a soft brush, never sharp or hard objects, to remove dirt or particles. Make sure you clean in a secure location, not the rim of a sink where a piece may slip down the drain.
Extend the life of your jewelry by...
- - having frequently-worn pearls restrung as necessary. Make sure a knot is between each pearl to prevent loss if the string breaks
- - knowing your jewelry unique needs. Some gemstones are sensitive to temperature changes.
- - not exposing colored gemstones to chemicals, solvents or ultrasonics without knowing their specific cleaning requirements
- - having white gold re-plated, platinum re-polished and prongs re-tipped as necessary to maintain original condition (generally every 24 months or so).